GreenShield™ TPO Roofing Membrane is a flexible thermoplastic polyolefin roofing membrane produced in 1.2 and 1.5 mm thickness and width of 2 meters. The material is designed to meet high wind uplift resistance, excellent puncture and tear resistance, heat weldable along edges and corners, with high SRI value and low thermal emissivity providing heat insulation, while remaining a solid impermeable membrane protecting the roof from moisture and water. Besides this, the membrane has excellent resistance to chemical, bases and acids, corrosion, UV and weathering. The membranes are backed by 15 years + warranty when installed by our approved applicators.
To meet the diverse needs across India, GreenShield™ has developed a wide variety of membranes, suitable for various roof substrates.
Product nomenclature guide:
TPO: Thermoplastic Polyolefin material
RF: Reinforced with scrim or backing
BG: NW Fleece Backing – S: Single Sided Backing; D: Double Sided Backing
FR: Fire Safety Compliance
GS TPO RF and GS TPO RF FR
These membranes come in thickness of 1.2 and 1.5mm, are scrim (polyester / glass) reinforced, fully encapsulated, complying to the global standard of ASTM 6878. FR grades are specifically designed to meet Fire Safety EN class norms. These are suitable for installation over PEB roofs, and non-accessible concrete roofs. Besides roofs, this membrane is also used for Tunnel Lining application.
GS TPO SP
These membranes come in thickness of 1.2 and 1.5mm, are single-ply, complying to the global standard of ASTM D131-95. These are suitable for installation over PEB roofs, non- accessible concrete roofs and green roofs. Also, since these membranes are more flexible, it is used for corner and edge joints. Besides roofing, this membrane is also used for pipe wrapping application.
GS TPO RF BG S
These membranes come in thickness of 1.2 and 1.5 mm and are reinforced with an external backing of nonwoven polyester / polypropylene, offering superior puncture resistance, enabling adhered installation system using hot asphalt or GS adhesives. These membranes are suitable for exposed non-accessible concrete roofs, bonded to substrate.
GS TPO RF BG D
These membranes come in thickness of 1.2 and 1.5 mm, where TPO is sandwiched between layers of nonwoven polyester enabling fully embedded waterproofing installation system using GS adhesives. It enables installation of tiles on exposed surface. These membranes are suitable for accessible concrete roofs, podiums, balconies, bonded to substrate, offering superior pull strength of over 5N / mm2.
GS TPO SP FDA and GS TPO RF BG S FDA
This is a special membrane, FDA approved for potable water tank lining application, providing antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties. The membrane has been tested for compliance to FDA Potable Water regulation as well as microbial and fungal attack resistance.
A: Roofing Membrane – Suited for low slope applications
- Factory Sheds (Pre-Engineered Building)
- Metro Stations
- Railway Stations
- Bus Stations
- Bus Stations
- Schools & Colleges
- Resorts and Sanatoriums with Sloping Roof
B: Green Roofs and Podiums
- Podium levels in apartments
- Open Terraces
- Roof-top Gardens
- Sloping Roofs
Features and Benefits
- Flexible across wide temperature – 40°C to 110°C
- Heat weldable along with mechanical fastening system allows fast installations – 5000 sq ft can be covered within 3 days
- Reduces temperature below the roof upto 8°C – insulating the room below from extreme heat waves
- Lightweight at < 1.5 kg / sq mtr
- Allows to add Green & LEED points – IGBC, GBCI, GRIHA, LEEDS
- Ozone, Heat, UV and weathering resistance
- 15 years warranty gives contractors, specifiers and owners long term confidence – performs longer and better than paints and other systems for cooling
- Resistance to root penetration allows you to create a green roof – living space with green grass, plants, shrubs, flowers and larger trees, without worrying about water leakage or seepage
A definitive guide to our products and applications with helpful links, documents and videos.
- Technical Specifications
- Installation Guide
- Safety Data Sheets